Covid-19 product update
We are currently manufacturing fit test solutions for masks and these are now available to order. Please send enquiries to GSTTPharmaceuticals@gstt.nhs.uk.
GSTT Pharmaceuticals - the Pharmacy Manufacturing Unit at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust hold a MIA (IMP) 11387, for the manufacture, storage and distribution of a range of Investigational Medicinal Products (IMPs) for Phase I, II, III and IV clinical trials.
The bespoke products and services offered by the unit include:
- manufacture of a range of sterile IMPs including large and small volume injections, bulk infusions and non-sterile IMPs including capsules, creams, ointments and oral liquids
- aseptic manufacture of aseptic IMP doses as prefilled syringes, infusion bags and vials
- manufacture of matching placebos for the above dosage forms
- the only tablet manufacturing facility in an NHS pharmacy manufacturing unit in the UK
- primary and secondary packaging
- packaging of randomised patient kits
- trial specific labelling, over-labelling and re-labelling
- bespoke product design
- the provision of technical support, chemical and analytical testing for the IMPs produced including ongoing stability testing
- assistance with clinical trial applications eg IMPD's
- QP certification of IMP batches
- storage and distribution for single and multi-site studies.
As an Academic Health Sciences Centre research is always a key focus. The specialist clinical trials team have a wealth of experience in manufacturing for and supplying to the clinical trials market. The team are on hand to assist with all of your needs, please do not hesitate to get in touch.